There’s something for everyone at WWT Slimbridge from birdwatchers to families. With amazing close-up wildlife encounters, fun events and activities it’s no wonder we’re an award-winning day out!
Grab your bag of seed and have our ducks, geese and swans eating out of the palm of your hand. Save some seed for the nene, the world’s rarest goose. Look out for all six species of flamingo across the site.
Come and meet our otters for their daily feeds. Listen to our amphibian talks and find out more about the wonderful world of wetland toads, newts and frogs – you might even get the chance to hold one.
Splash around in our outdoor wet playground, Welly Boot Land. Build a dam and spin on the roundabout to change the water flow. Our outdoor adventure playground, Riverlife, offers hours of fun, while our indoor soft play area is the perfect rainy day retreat.
For those who are interesting in getting out to the wild parts of the reserve take a walk to our bird hides and look out for wading birds, ducks, geese and swans or climb our observation tower to witness spectacular views of the Severn estuary.
WildWatch video www.wwt.org.uk/wetland-centres/slimbridge/wildlife/wildwatch/
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£13.32 per ticket|
|2 Adults & 2 Children (4-16 years)||£35.96 per ticket|
|Child (4-16 years)||£7.83 per ticket|
|Children under 4 years||Free|
|Senior Citizens, disabled people, students and unemployed people||£11.34 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loops available in cinema and at admissions
- Guide Dogs Permitted - Give prior arrangement
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Restaurant with 140 seats indoors and 70 seats outdoors, picnic area, private rooms available to hire.
- Picnic Site
- Advance booking essential
- Contactless payment only
- Interactive displays closed
- Online booking only
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- In countryside
- Max group size - 9999
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 10
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
|Open New Year|
|Opening - High Season (1 Apr 2020 - 31 Oct 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:30||- 17:30*|
|Opening - Low Season (1 Nov 2020 - 31 Mar 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:30||- 17:00*|
* November to March last admission 4pm. April to October last admission 4.30pm. Christmas Eve 9.30am - 3pm (last admission 2.30pm). Closed Christmas Day.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
Nearest major road is M5. Follow signs onto A38 and then through to Slimbridge Village. Look out for Duck signs.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Cam/Dursley. Right out of station, right again on main road from Cam. Walk to Slimbridge roundabout, through Slimbridge Village to the Gloucester and Sharpness Canal. The Centre is straight ahead. Look for the 17m Observation Tower.
- Slimbridge video